Tuesday, July 21, 2009

first stacked cake

so apparently i didn't completely screw up peyton's birthday cake. danielle asked me to do robyn's as well. not to worry, she said. it won't be as drastic as a guitar....just a simple mickey mouse cake.







well.....i personally find this kind of cake with mickey's face particularly cheesy...not to mention there's always a great possibility it can end up looking like this







...yeah i'm not sure when mickey got sideburns... anyway. so not only did i have to find a nonlame way to convey her love for mickey mouse in this cake, but danielle also decided she needed three layers. we found a couple of internet pics for inspiration and i got to bakin...








SEVEN cake mixes later.... i had a layer of chocolate which i iced in peanutbutter buttercream..









then my first ever fondant covering experience..


next came the strawberry and funfetti layers which were later iced with buttercream






and fondant...






ugh this picture posting is taking too long... anyways... TEN hours later: (and i appologize that i have not yet figured out how to rotate pictures in the blog)






still needed a little somethin...



i do appologize to whoever's butt that is but it seems this is the only kind of picture we could capture.
so..................cake orders anyone?

3 comments:

  1. You are "da bomb" when it comes to cakes, Katie! And yes, I know...mothers should never use phrases like "da bomb," but...I just did. :) I LOVED my birthday cake today!!! Sure, it wasn't as fancy as Robyn's, but it was just right for me! And it tasted SOOOOOOO good!!! Thank you for helping to make my birthday so VERY wonderful!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you posted pics and the step-by-step process of making that unbelievable cake! I wondered HOW you did it and how you made it so neat and perfect. You know, you could start your own business! Seriously! I can just picture a quaint, little shop with a colorful sign over the door: Katiebee's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww thanks, mrs. glenda :) ...you too mama :P

    ReplyDelete